Fresh Corn, Red Pepper and Black Bean Mini Tacos
An easy lunch or dinner idea for Taco Tuesday or any day of the week using ingredients you already have in your refrigerator or pantry.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 white onion, medium, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 ears fresh corn from the cob or 1-2 cups frozen corn
- 2 red peppers, snack size or 1/2 small red pepper, diced, seeded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced in small pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced in small pieces optional
- 8-10 corn tortillas, small size
- 8 ounces cheese - feta, queso fresco, quesadilla, or any preferred
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 avocados, sliced or diced
Saute onions in olive oil till translucent, add black beans, salt and pepper. Stir till mixed. Add cumin. Mix and let warm through. Then, take about half the mixture and mash with a fork to just smooth out some of the beans. Add to remaining whole beans and mix together. Set aside.
Warm olive oil in sauté pan adding corn, red peppers and red onions. Cook just till corn softens about 3 -4 minutes. Remove from heat and put into bowl. Add lime juice, jalapeno, and fresh cilantro. Mix gently.
Warm corn tortillas in pan used to saute corn mixture. Flavors will infuse into tortillas.
Fill tortillas first with black beans, then add corn mixture. Top with cheese and avocado. Feel free to be creative and add tomatoes or salsa if desired.