Summer Quinoa Salad
This Summer Quinoa Salad is a healthy and easy to make salad that uses your favorite vegetables and fruits along with bright lemon-lime vinaigrette to create a side dish or main course filled with flavor.
- 1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups broth, vegetable, chicken or water
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 cup chick peas or garbonzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup craisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup feta or mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced, optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Bring broth and garlic to a boil in 2 quart sauce pan.
Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Approximately 15-20 minutes. Watch carefully so quinoa doesn't burn.
Remove garlic to trash. Pour quinoa into large mixing bowl.
Mix lemon and lime juice, balsamic and olive whisking till combined.
Add 1/8 cup chopped parsley, vegetables, beans, onion and craisins into bowl with quinoa. If adding chicken or shrimp, add here as well. Pour vinaigrette over and gently mix.
If serving immediately, add mango, mozzarella and fresh herbs. Note that if quinoa is still warm, cheese will begin to melt. If making ahead, put bowl with all but mango, mozzarella and remaining parsley in the fridge until serving time. Then add mango and mozzarella, gently mixing. Then top with remaining parsley.