Having not even finished the National Restaurant and BAR Show, I am adventuring into my third show of the week. The Snacks and Sweets Expo. Not a hard one to end the week with, that is for sure!
This was my first experience with this particular food show so I wanted to get an idea what I was going to see and what brands were there. This show definitely gives you a feeling of fun and enjoyment when you walk through the aisles. Very clever designs when it comes to displays, packaging and themes. When you first walk in, you see museum looking displays of dresses and bags made out of candy and wrappers.
Here are few of the brands to give you an idea of what the booths look like:
Products that appeal to kids will always be in demand:
Note that most marshmallows are made with gelatin, an animal product, so Dandies Vegan Marshmallows give everyone a chance to enjoy their hot chocolate with marshmallows in it now! Plus, they are delicious! (Dandies Vegan Marshmallows, Vanilla, 10 Ounce)
As I walked this show talking with the exhibitors, there were a number of themes that I began to notice :
1) There was a focus on finding healthier snacks and sweets for children that included fruits, nuts and yes, chocolate. Packaging plays a big part in this agenda too. Here is a clever idea:
2) Remember the “got milk” campaign from years ago? Well, they are sharing a new initiative on ways to incorporate more dairy in to our diets:
3) If I ever wondered about “jerky”, then this show taught me how truly popular it is. There were varieties of all different meats, seasonings and packaging. (Perky Jerky All-Natural Ultra Premium Tender Turkey Jerky, 1-Ounce Bag, 12-Pack)
4) Even if we want a sweet or snack, we still want to make smart (smarter) choices. So, brands are helping us with that:
5) Another observation is the number of snacks that offered portion control listing calories and special mentions (ie. gluten-free, protein focused) on the front of the package. See above photo.
6) If you love licorice like I do, then finding out there is now a Gluten-Free option for those who have not been able to enjoy it previously, makes for a happy day.
While many brands are U.S. based, there was a showing from outside the country:
As you can imagine, this is a very fun show to be a part of. While the brands are there to promote their products, they definitely know how to have a good time. Here are a few examples:
The 2015 Sweets and Snacks Expo was an informative show on the direction that brands are going after listening to their consumers and when adventuring into new territory to introduce their customers too. I enjoyed this experience as it taught me another way to look at how we reach our audience continuing to surprise and excite them with a wealth of delicious treats.
Thanks for stopping by!