This post was sponsored by Southeastern Mills as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Ever think, I’m going to have a pizza BEFORE dinner? Well, how about if it was made with fresh chopped vegetables, topped with a peppery cream cheese spread and all on a buttery biscuit crust? This easy to make Pepper Cream Vegetable Pizza appetizer is just what you are looking for during the busy holiday season.
I think appetizers are my favorite course when it comes to the menu. Small bites of different flavors and textures. And they don’t need to be difficult to make like this Vegetable Pizza. Whether you are cooking for your family on a Tuesday or preparing a holiday menu, this delicious and so adaptable recipe is the ideal dish to make. Use your favorite vegetables, those remaining in the produce drawer or a theme of seasonal or colored vegetables.
You can see I used asparagus for the Christmas tree and carrots, peppers, beet juice infused jicama and olives for the ornaments and garland. A carrot pumpkin and broccoli bushes add flavors and color to the design. A little cauliflower tops it off as snow.
In this recipe, I am using Southeastern Mills Biscuit Mix for the base. Just add milk and shape the dough into the size you want for the crust on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
Creating the spread starts with cream cheese and mayonnaise, sour cream or Greek yogurt. The real twist is to flavor it with Southeastern Mills Peppered Gravy Mix. All the vegetables get a hint of peppery flavor as a result. Add to it the buttery biscuit crust and this Vegetable Pizza will be gone in no time!
Pepper Cream Vegetable Pizza Appetizer made with Southeastern Mills Biscuit and Gravy Mixes
If you aren’t familiar with Southeastern Mills Baking and Gravy mixes, they have a wide variety of options from biscuits to pancakes to cornbread to gravy mixes. These are just what you want to have in your pantry to make any meal prep easier.
- Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- Southeastern Mills Country Biscuit Mix
- Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Southeastern Mills Cornbread Mix
- Southeastern Mills Classic Brown Gravy Mix
- Southeastern Mills Peppered Gravy Mix
- Southeastern Mills Roast Turkey Gravy Mix
- Southeastern Mills Roast Chicken Gravy Mix
- Southeastern Mills Country Gravy Mix
As you can see with this Pepper Cream Vegetable Pizza recipe, you can use these mixes in unique ways. While they are delicious as a biscuit mix, use your creativity to incorporate them into your holiday meals to make a memorable dessert for example. Or use as I did as the crust for an appetizer. The “made from scratch” taste just enhances the flavors of the final dish.
Whether you are preparing for the holidays, an afternoon of football watching or a snack for the kids, make this easy Pepper Cream Vegetable Pizza appetizer using your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Pepper Cream Vegetable Pizza Appetizer
- 1 package Southeastern Mill Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 tbsp Southeastern Mills Peppered Gravy
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 tsp dillweed, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 10 stalks asparagus
- 1/4 peppers, red and orange
- 1 carrot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Combine Southeastern Mills Biscuit Mix with milk per instructions on package. Place dough on to silicone pan liner and spread out to approximately 1/4 inch thick square. Press to even the surface. Can make whatever shape you want. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Let cool. Mix room temperature cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill and Southeastern Mills Peppered Gravy Mix until all incorporated. Spread evenly across crust.Using chopped vegetables, create a desired pattern or sprinkle to cover pizza completely. Chill for an hour.Cut into squares. Enjoy!