I don’t know about you but I find my life is so much easier when I am organized. Now, I realize that term is in the eye of the beholder, but I do try to think one step ahead as much as possible. There are many ways to implement organization into one’s life from keeping a calendar to scheduling bills to be paid online to how you organize your cabinets and closets and so on. I use all sorts of resources to make this happen but the one I am going to share with you here is so simple and inexpensive, it will be an easy addition to your daily life.
You know those Hefty® food storage bags that you use for your lunch? Well, there are a million uses beyond putting your sandwich in there to make your life easier. While there are many brands on the market, finding one that is sturdy, closes completely, isn’t expensive and when using in the freezer, doesn’t make your strawberries taste like the salmon next to it! There are many uses even outside the kitchen too! And Hefty® Slider Bags are super easy to find at your local Walmart stores. Plus, they are even less expensive than Ziploc® Slider Bags when you compare the same sizes.
- Love fresh fruit in the summer and know that it just doesn’t taste as good when you buy it during the winter months. Or you buy large containers of fruit and vegetables from Costco because, well, it’s a great deal! But then realize you have 2 pounds of strawberries to eat? Wash the berries, dry them and then freeze them in Hefty® Slider Bags. Tip: Make sure there is no water left on them or ice will form. Now, when you make your smoothies, you won’t need to add ice because the fruit will be frozen to thicken the drink. Win Win!
- There is a big sale on chicken at the grocery but you are not sure what you will do with it all. Split up the pieces into portion sizes that fit your cooking style. Then, when you just need 2 chicken breasts, you can easily remove it from the freezer for dinner that evening.
- You want to marinate shrimp or any kind of meat but don’t want to deal with the cleanup the next day. Fill the bag with your shrimp, add the ingredients for the marinade and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Just throw the bag away when you are done. No washing needed!
- You want to bake cookies with your kids and then have them decorate them for a fun project but don’t have enough piping bags (or any!), so need a solution quickly. Take a quart size bag and fill it with frosting. Then twist all the air out of the bag forcing the frosting into a corner. Snip the bag corner slightly and decorate away! So easy to do multiple frosting colors this way for your artistic child.
- You have limited cabinet space and love to shop at Costco or Sam’s Club. Big containers don’t fit but you must have that gallon size container of oatmeal. Split the container into weekly portion sizes of breakfast cereal. Space saver!
- Making homemade marinara sauce with all those tomatoes you grew this summer? Pour it in to Hefty Slider Bags in just the portion sizes you need. Freeze it for that cold winter night when fresh sauce is exactly what you need. The Hefty® Slider Bags will stay sealed thanks to the MaxLock® track design which gives an extra strong seal. To make sure you don’t lose any of your delicious sauce to the freezer, let it click closed ™ with the zipping sound indicating that the seal is secure.
- Keeping coffee beans fresh in this securely sealed bag makes for a perfect cup of coffee to start to your day.
- When you buy a new sweater or jacket and the brand generously gives you an additional button that matches. But, you don’t know what to do with it so you throw it in a drawer….keep them all together in a Hefty® Slider Bags.
- You are a frequent traveler (like me) and want to have your toiletries (carry on airplane size permitted) together and in a leak proof bag ready for last minute travel….
- You are a taxi driver for your kids wanting to be prepared for any kid size emergency by having snacks, wet wipes, bandaids, your child’s favorite (spare) comfort item, bottle of water and sunglasses securely contained in a Hefty® Slider Bag….
- You drive to work, take public transportation or to be left in your desk at work, a stash of potential needs like an extra phone cord or charger, socks, hair spray, stain remover pen, toothbrush, snacks, utensils….
These ideas are ways that I try to keep my home organized. I am always searching for more convenience tips for myself and to share with you. In the meantime, to see more handy hints, check out Hefty® Slider Bags website for helpful suggestions to keep you organized in your kitchen, home and life.
If you are like me and finding ways to save money makes your day, visit the Ibottta website and app. It makes going to the grocery and your favorite retail stores a good way to earn cash back rebates on things you would buy normally. Even better, you can find money savings here.
Visit the Hefty® website to learn more about Hefty® Slider Bags and how they can make your kitchen (and life!) more organized. What are your tips for staying on top of things?
Thanks for stopping by!