The sweetest part of summer is the opportunity to spend time with close friends just relaxing and catching up. No matter how much I love to cook, in the warmth of the summer, the last thing I want to do is heat up my kitchen. So, when it comes to dessert, I found the easiest and most delicious option that appeals to every guest: Chocolate Raspberry Rice Pudding.
If you’ve been following my Kozy Shack pudding recipes for June (Chocolate) and July (Tapioca), you’ll notice there’s been a theme known as the Summer of Pudding. Well, in celebration of National Rice Pudding Day on August 9, I am sharing my recipe for my Chocolate Raspberry Rice Pudding using Kozy Shack’s Original Rice Pudding.
If you like rice pudding and have never tried Kozy Shack’s yet, you are in for a very happy treat. It is made with simple, wholesome ingredients like milk, eggs, sugar and rice and has a creamy rich flavor. There are no artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils in their pudding. And, it is gluten-free. Grab a spoon (and a bowl if necessary) and enjoy!
Making this dessert is easy and won’t take you away from your guests for too long as it is best when made right before serving. We’ve always heard that we eat first with our eyes. So true. The beauty of this dish besides its luxurious texture and flavor, is how its served. Try layering the ingredients in to a martini glass to give it an elegant presentation.
Thanks for stopping by!
- 1 22 ounce container of Kozy Shack Rice Pudding
- 1 package of fresh raspberries
- 1 6 ounce bar of good chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of pure raspberry jam
- In microwavable bowl, add square of chocolate and raspberry jam. Heat for 15-30 seconds depending on your microwave. Mix to melt chocolate. Let cool.
- If serving in martini glass, first put a raspberry in bottom of glass.
- Layer rice pudding, chocolate/raspberry jam mixture, fresh raspberries and then more rice pudding.
- Decorate glass with fresh raspberries.
- Use grater to shave chocolate across top of dessert.
- If you want a richer taste, decorate with whipped cream.